- Perform all the podcast/screencast in one shot if possible.
- Otherwise, take many shots(5 to 10), for every 2 to 5 sections(all performed on the same session.)
- When you start the editing session, the best shots from the many takes will be used to mold the master track(by uniting the best takes of the chronological sections)
- Make sure your surroundings will stay quite for a significant amount of time.
- Only perform with adequate equipment.
- Apply the least amount of equalization and compression.
- If you slip words or err, don't stop, rather continue by repeating what you missed/erred.
- Take time to relax, the tenser you are the worse the performance will be.
- If the speech's pace is fast and relentless, take a deep breadth before starting.
- Place sound echo blockades, like sheet and clothes around walls and tables.
- Be happy. Sadness or unfeelingness is transmitted through the voice.
- Honey, yogurt and aloe vera are excellent throat cleansers.
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position.
- Script reading will highly enhance your fluency.
- Avoid scripts if it is a quick podcast/screencast.
Thursday, December 13, 2012
A piece of advice for voice performance: